- PhD. in Education , University of Wisconsin at Madison, United States of America.
- MSc. in Education , University of Wisconsin at Madison, United States of America.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education , West Midlands College of Further Education, Birmingham, United Kingdom.
- Bachelor of ARTS in International Relations and History , Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone, Freetown ,Sierra Leone.
Work Experience :
- Dr Chekenyere is an experienced Human Capital Development practitioner with experience spanning over twenty five years. He has done a significant amount of Consultancy work in Human Capital Development and Internationl Development in the last two decades and when he worked at the United States Agency for International Development ( USAID ). He played an important role in High impact Education and Human Capital development programs in Zimbabwe.
- Dr Chekenyere also has experience in Business, Manufacturing and the Banking and Financial Services Industry, having worked in the Steel Works Industry, the Milling Manufacturing Industry in various Human Capital Development capacities including at Executive Director level and as a Non- Executive Board Director at the Agricultural Bank of Zimbabwe ( AGRIBANK ) and is experienced with process of Policy Initiation Formulation and Implementation from a Business perspective.
- Also, he has extensive experience in Labour Law and Compliance and in Collective Bargaining Negotiations having been involved in the Collective Bargaining Negotiations for the Milling Manufacturing Industry, National Employment Council ( NEC ) for a decade and also as Chairperson of the Collective Bargaining Negotiations for the Sugar Milling Industry, National Employment Council ( NEC ) for two ( 2 ) years.
- Finally, Dr Chekenyere has extensive experience in the Administration and Management of Discipline in Organizations having administered and managed organization wide Dicsciplinary Hearings and Industrial Relations for two decades
Contribution to the NPRC:
- With a Business background, Dr Chekenyere's experience has been in People Management, Conflict Resolution, Negotiations and the Management of Relations. Experience in the ability to analyse divergent interests, interact at all levels ( highest levels in organizations down to lowest levels ) negotiating for understanding and solutions, resolving conflicts through negotiations especially where scarce resources are concerned. He will add value to the Commission through experience in mediation and conciliation involving various organizations , groups and individuals where their interest may result in conflict.