Education: B.A, M.A, M.PHIL., PH.D. in African History, Diploma in Youth Leadership
- Professor of African History, University of Toronto,Canada.
- Associate Professor of Third World History, Ryerson Polytechnic University, Toronto,Canada.
- 2002-2006 He was the Executive Director of Finance and Administration of the Scientific and Industrial Research and Development Centre.
- 1990-2001 He was the Chief Executive of the Zimbabwe Mass Media Trust, the Holding Company of the Zimpapers (1980) Ltd, Hunyani Holdings Ltd, Kingston
(Bookstores Group) Ltd ZIANA News Agency, and the Community Newspapers Group.
- 2009-2013 Board Member of the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation.
- 2009-2015 Board Member of the Broadcasting Authority of Zimbabwe.
- 2003-2017 Chairman of the Domboshawa Theological College, an Affiliate College of the Zimbabwe Open University.
- 1994-2015 Founder and Executive Director of the National Initiative for Reconciliation, an NGO for Peace Building, Dialogue and Reconciliation.
- 2011 was a consultant for The Great Zimbabwe Scenarios Project and wrote research papers on: ‘Dialogue, Discussion, Openness and Peace Building as a Process of Creating a New Future; The Importance of a Shared Vision in National Healing, Reconciliation and Integration: Shalom for Zimbabwe. and Security Sector Reforms for Zimbabwe.’
- 1996-2008 He was an International Faculty Member of the Haggai Institute of Advanced Leadership Training in Singapore and Hawaii.
- 2009-2010 he was a Professor of Leadership and Management at the Women’s University in Africa.
- 2010-2014 He was Deputy Chairman of SIRECH, a Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Subsidiary.
- 2015-2017 Deputy Chairman of the Zimbabwe Productivity Institute.
- 1997-2000 Leadership and Development Consultant for the Leadership and Environment and Development Programme (LEAD) Southern Africa, a Rockefeller Foundation Programme for Capacity Building of MiddleManagement in Private and Public Sectors.
- 1998-2010 was an International Advisory Council Member of the Southern African International Dialogue on ‘Smart Partnership for the Generation of Wealth in Southern Africa.
- 1995-1997 was Founding Chairman of the Management Board of Emerald Hill School for the Deaf, Harare.
- 1990-1991 President of the Institute of Management.
- 1983-1986 was Assistant General Manager Human Resources for The Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation.
Major Contributions to the Commission are:
- Media and Communication skills.
- Financial Management skills.
- Human resources management skills.
- Team building skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Peace building, dialogue and reconciliation.
- Conflict management and resolution skills.